Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Just a quickie update before I head off for work...

Thanks for the encouragement - I wasn't fishing for compliments. Was I? Glargh!

I've frogged the Trellis Fence Scarf - I couldn't bear the mistakes shouting at me. I've started Swallowtail instead. And the pattern suits the mini Handmaiden yarn so much better, I'm really getting into a rhythm - which is how lace knitting should be, I guess. I can see where I'm at with the budding lace repeat so it's easier to tink if necessary. But I've put in a lifeline this time, just in case.
I WILL revisit the trellis scarf pattern one day, but with a finer lace weight yarn.

Meanwhile I've finished another BSJ - this time in pinks and purples, in Lang 'Silkdream' which is wonderfully soft - but so much more expensive now. Part of its attraction was its very reasonable price - its now not much more cheaper than other 'designer' yarns. This BSJ is paying for the course of acupuncture a local vet gave Tilly.
I've also finished spinning the Gotland - only got 4 small balls weighing 70g, which won't be enough for CandyPi, so I'm going to stripe it with Maylin's purple dyed angora goat fleece - and I've spun up my first chunky 25g of that.This picture of a golden hare was to compensate for not having any pics of knitting originally - I was playing with collage - it's so much fun to mess about with glue and bits of paper and gold leaf! The quote is from a Ted Hughes poem. The picture of the golden hare in the moonlight came first, but the quote seemed apt.
"The Big-eyed, up eared hare I hold is solid flame of living gold..."

7 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

fabulous hare:))

Probably Jane said...

I was impressed enough by the knitting and spinning but the hare is beautiful and the quote perfectly apt.

maylin said...

The hare is absolutely fabulous. You ar so talented!

Hellbelle said...

I love your hare collage. It's fantastic!

Artis-Anne said...

Lots of lovely things you have been up to BUT that hare !! wow I love it and you call me talented ?!! Although you have given me reason to think !! I just might open an Etsy shop

Anonymous said...

yes, what a great hare!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wonderful BSJ and that hare! I am in love, it's wonderful. I adore bleaching tissue paper!