Thursday, November 20, 2008

Poor old blog been sadly neglected whilst I've been doing lots of knitterly stuff.

Sue, over at eco-tricot has prompted me to get blogging again by tagging me.



oh. OK then.


To participate you
Link to the person who tagged you.
List seven facts about yourself.
Post the rules on your blog.
Tag seven more people to do the same and link to them.
Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
Let the tagger know when your entry has been posted.

So the seven facts about myself are


1)I am now a director on the UK Knitting and Crochet Guild - next meeting December 6th in London.

2)I really don't like bubblegum pink and orange, especially together. So how come I just finished knitting 'Bettna' in baby poo colours with orange and maybe pink thrown in there? See:
Probably something to do with getting Noro cheap at the last SkipNorth. Lor, I'll knit anything.


3)I'm a member of the Labour Party, although I nearly threw the towel in when the government joined in the Iraq debacle. I mention this only because I'm supposed to be leading a discussion on the NHS tonight... Ho hum.


4)I love reading and belong to the "Never Finish a Bookclub" - a dozen good women and true, who meet up at each other's houses and drink wine and eat cake. The current read is "The Dead" by James Joyce and the last book we read was a "Widow for One Year" by John Irving. My favourite book this year - which wasn't a bookclub choice - was "I Know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb. Go read it... AND he's got a new book out this month. MMMmm.


5)I love traditional knitting. One of the first things I ever knit was a yoked fairisle cardigan from Sarah Don's book on FairIsle (look at that: republished as a paperbook!) in Shetland 2 ply, which my Nan thought I'd bought. (I guess I've got a fairly even tension)( I wonder what happened to it?). I'm supposed to be running a workshop at the next SkipNorth on FairIsle knitting. I'm looking forward to this, but I want a projector so I can do a powerpoint display. I do. I've just joined the yahoo group on Traditional Knitting owned by Liz Lovick. I bow down to her superior knowledge...


6)I was born in Plymouth - in the Royal Alexandra Nursing Home, Devonport. That makes me a native Devonian. The Royal Alexandra Nursing Home' records dept was destroyed in a fire some time in the 1960's, so I've no idea what time I was born, and my mother has given me a different answer every time I've asked her. From the linky I've posted it looks like it was transformed into a mental health unit. So was the maternity unit my sister was born at. hmm, coincidence?


7)And finally (see what happens when you get me talking about me? I go on and on and on and...), I have just given up smoking AGAIN! (three days ago, so the physical side effects of nicotine are over with and the rest of it is in my head). I started smoking when I was 13yrs old (bad girl!) and have given up for years at a time several times since. I forget just how bad it is for you in between times and only remember that it felt good. It smells, it's ridiculously expensive and it's bad for your health. It is also very difficult to knit at the same time as smoking. So there.

And now my seven tags and some of my favourite peepl are
Sue at WyeSueKnits
Denise at PixiesParaphernalia
Heather at HeatherKnits
Rain at FroginKnots
Anni at ConfessionsofaYarnAddict
Fred at CatsCableRatsRib
and finally Beverley who was always at TwoFishKnitting but is now at BeingBeverley

I must I must expand my bust update my blog and stop spending so much time over at Ravelry. I've been to a dyeing workshop, Iknit London. Ally Pally, our very own KTog2 and have so much to show you knitting wise. It'll keep.

5 comments:

Wye Sue said...

Well done on giving up again !

I will do my answers soon - Lixie had already tagged me so I better get on with it before I get got again;-)

Anonymous said...

Well done on giving up again. I've just given up again too - I hate the complacent period where you think you've given up for real and it'll be OK if you just have one. Then it's one a day, then a few more and then before you know it you are a smoker again. I'm determined not to fall into that trap again.

Love the comment about smoking and knitting - not a good combo!

Sue said...

Welcome back to blogland!

Heather said...

Thanks for the tagging. I have finally got round to it!

maylin said...

Hi glad to see you blogging agai. I too have been spending too much time on Ravelry and not blogging but I got tagged at the same time as you and it has encouraged me to post again.