Friday, January 09, 2009

Ravelry taught me something new today. I learned that 'colour dominance' in fair isle and stranded knitting can have an effect on the finished garment... Although I generally knit with both colours held in my right hand and usually carry one consistently below the other, I'm not at all consistent about it (just as I'm not that consistent about anything in my life!) - it can be a little haphazard. What I didn't know is that it can show up in the finished product.

See this linky here for the details. Fascinating, Mr Spock. I love Ravelry.

I have a hankering to knit clapotis. I can FEEL a Stash EXpedition coming on. Roll on SKIPNORTH! I also learned today that the SKIP in Skipnorth stands for Spinning and Knitting in Public. And I didn't even realise it was an acronym.

No comments: