Friday, February 17, 2006

Spring is on the way! (Took this Pic LAST year but the shoots of the daffs are visible)
The Funeral...
Phew - thank goodness that's all over and done with - and the funeral was as good as it could be - the family were all pleased and that really is the most important thing. I read my pome, and didn't stumble over the podium or crack up and run out screaming or even cry - so that was OK too. I cried when the children did their bits - 'specially Phil, as he's the same age as my son and I kept imagining how Seth would be in his place.
The vicar did his best to sell Christianity - but with my buddhist leanings, I've decided to let my body go to science when I die - there's a shortage of cadavers for medical students to cut up, apparently, and they do a lovely memorial service afterwards - very cheap funeral! See Dead Interesting for some really thought provoking stuff...

7 comments:

HazelNutcluster said...

Glad you got through the funeral relatively unscathed Tutters, you did well.

I am going to get this
http://www.ac026.dial.pipex.com/naturaldeath/publications.htm as my Dad keeps flapping about how much money funeral directors ask and how much he hates the whole idea of funerals. I got a copy from the library a while back and it looked pretty good. Loads of info about all the different ways you can go with as little intervention/cost as poss. Medical research is a great way to go too.

A poster for the group, you're going great guns now :)

HazelNutcluster said...

If that link didn't work, it's the Natural Death Centre's publication if you want to google.

TutleyMutley said...

Thanks for that, Hazel ('though I'm not planning on passing on just yet, a funeral of someone only 5yrs older gets you thinking doesn't it?).
I do believe margaret's blog "Dead Interesting" has the same link on it...

insaknitty said...

thanks for all the comments on my blog! :) heehee. yes, isa(bel) is my daughter. she doesn't seem to care much that her sweater is trying to kill me. now I'm going to be entertained by your blog. :)

Sue said...

Hi Terri, thanks for commenting on my blog. Here is a link to the three-needle bind off: http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/bind-off.php

It's exactly what it sounds like :-) You hold your stitches on 2 needles and use the third to knit a stitch from each needle like knit 2 together and then cast off as you normally would. Harder to describe than do!

TutleyMutley said...

Thanks Nutty - what a brilliant website - I've never been there before. I have done the three needle bind off before - I've just never called it that before. But I've been trying to do the invisible cast on for the Olympian cardi sleeves from a picture and it's so much easier from a video clip. Brilliant. Ta. I owe ya!

TutleyMutley said...

Whoops, Sue I mean. Who am I? what am I? slinks off.